Jamia ka Tarana

Jamia ka Tarana

Oct 13, 2008

Trekking program in 1986

"Abe NCC ka tour ja raha he"(NCC is organising a tour) said one of my colleague!

I asked where?

Replied "Himachal Pradesh"!!!

It was in 1985-86 & i was in Xth standard, fully involve & active cadet of Jamia NCC.

Summer vacation were approaching & NCC office announced a tour for its cadets in Himachal Pradesh to do tracking in Himalyas.

It came to me like a dream comes true!

NCC was bearing @ half the cost & half to be arranged by us.

I went to NCC office along with QMD & BAM to register ourselves.

It was one month before i must make the payment.

The question remians, how to pay?

I dont wanna trouble my parents for this.

Also, the tution i was offering was not enough to bear the required expenses.

Trying to figure out, i came across a contractor backfilling Yamuna for ploting at batla house.

He offerred me to supervise backfilling operation for 20days & offered me a good amount in return.

Finally i got the amount needed to finance tracking tour.

Finished with the formalities, NCC office divided us in three groups & i was named in group-3.

My self, QMD & BAM decided to go shopping & went to Sunday market/Chor bazar behind red fort.

We purchased Gum boot, ruksack,knives & specially foam filled shirts at shoulders for our tour along with few small items.

Finally the day came & we departed in a DTC bus for ISBT (inter state bus terminal).

Few of our seniors like Musarrat Ali/Afaque bhai joined us there.

Boarded on Himachal pradesh state transport corporation bus finally departed for Kullu (HP).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jamia ka tarana (english)




This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
This is where men with zeal stayed
Men who answered the leaders' call
It is here that torn-off love
Found the cohesive chords
It is here that wayward passions
Formed into frenzied love
It is here that the wild tulip learnt
How to make the scar of heart aglow
This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
This is the place of men of vision
And of those with a challenging thought
Every morning here is new
And every evening newer still
Different is this tavern
And different are its norms
Different are the dancing cups
And different is their dance
Here drinking begets thirst a new
And different is this tavern's call
This is the land of my hopes
This is the land of my dreams
Here, conscience is the beacon light
And conscience is the guide
Here is the Mecca of heart resides the guiding faith
Ceaseless movement is our faith
And blasphemy it is to stay still
Here, the destined goal is the march on and on
Here, the swimming urge seeks
Newer and newer storms
Restless wave itself is our resurrected shore


Translated by: Prof. M. Zakir